|home services portfolio intranet ideas contact us
Bob Buckman on Knowledge Management Systems
Wednesday, July 21, 2004Bob Buckman, chairman of Buckman Laboratories, wrote his ideas for the ultimate idea-sharing system back in the 80s--before the web existed.
His seven points, as I read in If Only We Knew What We Know, describe the perfect intranet:
1. One transfer step in the transmission of ideas between individuals, to avoid distortion.
2. All employees have access
3. All employees can contribute content
4. Available anywhere, 24/7
5. Search function that indexes every word
6. Users contribute in their native language. Translation provided where appropriate.
7. Content updates automatically.
About the Author
I'm Chris McGrath, an intranet consultant in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. I've been working on intranets since 1997, and on plain ol' web sites for even longer. I run One Intranets, the firm that co-created ThoughtFarmer -- an enterprise collaboration platform for Windows-based intranets.
|Copyright One Intranets Inc. All Rights Reserved.||Contact Information|